Thursday, September 16, 2010

Burn Baby Burn...

The past weekend was a flurry of activity.
It wasn't proper, it wasn't pretty.
It was goddamn beautiful, sparkling and charming.
Filled with mischievous actors whose eyes were disarming.
There was Leo Di Caprio and the God of War
Lady Gaga even pranced on the floor
Who would have thought?
Who would have dared?
At the end of the day though-
Who really cared?

So I was at Soho House, again. And yes, the aforementioned celebrities were there. I was most excited to see Leonardo Di Caprio though, because he is such an inspiration as an actor and let's be honest- just soooo beautiful. Though Langford was quick to point out his expanding gut, Zara and I failed to notice. As we fluffed our hair we could only manage to take in his eyes. Ahhh, what mysterious, soulful eyes he has... Anyway, unfortunately we didn't get to meet him, though seeing him walk by was a sufficient experience to excite the senses and lent a heady feeling to the evening. We met with one of Zara's previous co-stars for a drink and he happened to be hanging out with The God of War. We also know him. It was a funny evening that ended up with us going to a frat party in the Hollywood Hills. Why we were there, I do not know. Upon arrival, we quickly planned our escape. We manage to exit unscathed at get to bed by 2am.

The day had been wonderful. It had started with me awaking at Zara's house. Lola* was leaving to keep shooting her movie and the night before had been a type of going away affair. It involved a little wine and lasted late into the night. We had eaten at a restaurant, 'The Palihouse', that a friend of mine works at and we all had a deliciously fun evening. We sat, as a bunch of actors do, and discussed who would play us in the movie of our lives. It was really pretty pretentious and ridiculous- but we loved it. What can I say?

The Saturday morning I had to get up and leave early as Langford and I had a brunch to attend. We showed up to a beautiful house and were offered mimosas. How could we resist? The table was mostly filled with writers and the conversation was lively and entertaining but Langford was the most entertaining one there, closely followed by our host who exhibited copious amounts of New York, Woody Allen style humor. The banter between he and his wife was golden. When we finally left, we managed to fit in an hour at Zara's pool and I felt completely happy and fulfilled. I could barely contain my joy at being alive! How things change, for yesterday I could not find my joy at all! Perhaps I had used all of it up on Saturday because it was simply too exciting! I don't understand how moods can change so dramatically. I wonder if proper people feel this way? I imagine their moods to be more solid and steady. Sometimes it feels nice to be sad though, to feel something strongly. It makes you know you are alive and it can be an excellent place to create from.

I just got off the phone from Zara and she got an acting job! A guest star role in a hot new show. I am so happy for her. She really deserves it. All of my friends are on fire right now. That means the flame is burning close, so surely a little light will shine on me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment