Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Does someone have the answer?

Why doesn't someone know the answer? I think we all like to feel that someone else has the answer. Maybe it is God. Maybe it is Science. Maybe it is astrology and the stars have got it all planned out. Perhaps that is why our culture is constantly fascinated with cults and religions- and even aliens. We always imagine aliens to be far much more advanced than us, even Stephen Hawking has theorized that if aliens do indeed exist, we are best not to contact them because they would probably detonate our entire civilization with the click of a button. What if aliens did exist but we were more advanced than them? Perhaps they would be fascinated with our granola bars and Coca-Cola.
"Ahhh...Yes, that's a grain and it is sweetened with honey made by bees." There eyes would widen and they would coo,
"How do you know so much, human?"
We would stand there, proudly and say,
"Someone once dropped an oat in a honey pot..."
Perhaps the aliens could only begin to comprehend a computer, perhaps they wouldn't even understand reality TV stars- (who does?).Where would that leave us? We would be back to looking at ourselves for the answers. My quest to become a proper person is, of course, part of this conundrum. Could these other people with proper jobs and suits and ties know more than I? Perhaps. I like dressing up as one, I did the other day and had a good audition. The 'good' audition did go well and apparently they loved me. But I got my answer and it was a 'NO'. I was in the mix with 2 other girls but I didn't get it. Apparently they are going to look out for another role on the show for me, so hopefully that will happen! I hope that one of these casting directors will have a different answer for me very soon. My friend Tim* booked a pilot today and I am very happy for him. I helped him run lines. He has finally found the right answer- a friggin' paycheck! He has been trying for a long time so I know I just have to keep going until my answer changes. When it does, I may have finally morphed into a proper person with the help of my advanced alien friends- although I think it may be better for me to play a proper person rather than to actually be one. As my very good friend Bree* said to me- " are you sure you want to be a proper person? I'm not sure you would be very good at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment