Friday, September 10, 2010

A Good Audition

Yesterday I read for a recurring guest star role on a new TV show. It seemed to go really well. When I arrived there was a sign saying that they would only be reading 2 of the 3 scenes we were asked to prepare. Great. They often do that and it can be really annoying if you worked hard on all of them! The other girl I walked in with was relieved because she had hardly learned them as she had been out to dinner the night before with a good friend. I was ready to do them all and had missed out on going to dinner with my really good friends in order to work on the scene! Luckily, once I read the first scene, the casting director asked me to do all three. Good sign! She is a wonderful casting director and it is such a pleasure to do auditions with people who are really courteous and genuine in the room. As I walked out of the room, I felt happy and that I had delivered a good audition. Is it what they are looking for? Who knows. By the time I got to my car, the other girl was walking out already so she must have been in and out very quickly- but that doesn't mean anything! She could still get the job! However, I am sure that it is I who has the job. OK, to be honest I have no further news BUT I am being positive. I am reading a very interesting book called 'The Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn'. She is a metaphysician from the 1930's who wrote about the power of the spoken word and the energetic vibrations we give off that create our present and our future.
The best book is the first one she wrote, 'The Game of Life and How to Play It'. One of my favourite pages simply says:
Nothing is too good to be true
Nothing is too wonderful to happen
Nothing is too good to last

This is very much in line with 'The Course in Miracles', but I can feel Langford getting squeamish as he reads this. He could find 50 reasons to disbelieve the above statements. What is it about my personality that draws me so strongly to these statements? It is because I am a believer. A dreamer. If I wasn't, I would never have got to LA, I would never have been in any movies or TV shows and I wouldn't have been on stage. I am incredibly grateful for those experiences and I dream of more to come! There is no point in thinking about facts because 'facts' invariably lead you to 'safe' choices and 'safe' choices do not lead to great things. I wonder if it is safe choices that lead you to become a proper person? My father always asks me when I am going to become a proper person and I still don't have the answer. Surely it will be when I 'play' one on an upcoming TV show!

No comments:

Post a Comment